All this self-imposed pressure to make the days count, to make them epic (and how overused is that word lately? I actually saw a sign, affixed to a telephone pole last week, that read “Epic Garage Sale.” I’m sorry I missed it), to make use of the days off while simultaneously enjoying the freedom and ease of vacation…
One of my B-isms: “Don’t count the days; make the days count.” I didn’t coin it, but I use it. Often. Since I’m not counting days, here are some things I will count for you.
- Rabbits have 18 toes. Of all of the rabbits with whom I come in contact, I only know one who is missing a digit.
- I have 3 friends that I’ve had since high school.
- Domestic rabbits need 35+ hours of exercise time per week.
- I have 2 friends from college.
- Tater Tot has chewed 2 holes in our living room couch.
- Bunny-daddy and I have been together for 6 years.
- Peanut has bunstructed 2 coffee tables.
Things I can’t count…
- How many rabbit friends I have.
- How many pairs of shoes I own.
- How many bottles of Young Living essential oils I own.
- How much I love my boys.
- How many hours I’ve spent answering Rescue emails.
- How many books I’ve ever read.
- How much my soul is enriched from Rescue and my Rescue people.
I vow not to put too much pressure on myself, to truly give myself a break during these weeks off from the day job. However, some things need to get done and I’m using you, my readers, as my accountability. This week’s goal: clean my desk! Simple, yet seemingly insurmountable at this time. Cheer me on.
Now, get off your device (after you like this post, of course) and go make today count!